Elite Athlete Program
Training and competing in an elite sport while studying for a degree requires balance.
The Elite Athlete Program (EAP) provides assistance and support for Curtin student-athletes that are currently in a state or national representative squad, team or individual sport.
The support from the Elite Athlete Program will help you create the balance needed to be successful both on and off the field.
Curtin is part of the Elite Athlete Education Network (EAEN). Curtin’s Elite Athlete Program helps support athletes competing on a national or international level through their university degrees. Whether it’s financial assistance, study support, or just some friendly advice you are after, Curtin’s Elite Athlete Coordinator (EAC) is here to help you.
Benefits of joining Curtin’s Elite Athlete Program
We understand that every elite athlete’s situation is unique. To help you achieve success in both sport and studies, Curtin’s EAC will assist you in:
- Flexible study options allowing you to adjust your academic study load to meet academic objectives and sporting commitments
- Assignment/assessment extensions and alternate exam arrangements. Student-athletes in the Elite Athlete Program are eligible to apply for extensions and alternate exam arrangements due to sporting commitments or if competing inter-state or overseas
- Flexible attendance throughout the academic semester. Internal students may be exempt from specific attendance requirements due to sport-related travel commitments.
- Access to scholarships
- Gym membership
- Course entry pathway planning
- Academic planning
* Please note – Membership to the Elite Athlete Program is only valid for the year accepted. You need to renew your membership each year in order to continue to receive the benefits of the Elite Athlete Program.
To access the Elite Athlete Program, you must be recognised as an elite athlete by one of the following:
- State institute or academy of sport
- AFL Players’ Association
- Australian Cricketers’ Association
- Rugby Union Players’ Association
- Rugby League Professionals Association
- Australian Professional Footballers’ Association
Alternatively, you must be a national squad member from Australian Sports Commission funded sports.
If you are not recognised by one of the above associations, you may submit an application for consideration to the university. The university will use its discretion in assessing student athletes.
To check your eligibility for the Elite Athlete Program, contact Curtin’s Elite Athlete Coordinator (EAC) at email@example.com.
Student-athletes may be eligible for funding benefits through the Elite Athlete Scholarship Program, Curtin Stadium University sports events assistance and Curtin Stadium Fitness memberships.
- Elite Athlete Scholarships are awarded annually to promising new and continuing Curtin University students.
- University Sports Events funding to assist students in representing Curtin at the Australian University Games (AUG). Funding may also be available to compete at the World University Games and Championships.
- Free Curtin Stadium Fitness Centre memberships.
Each year Curtin recognises and celebrates excellence in sporting achievements of Curtin students and alumni and the prestigious Vice-Chancellor’s Elite Athlete List.