Stadium Reopening Information
Please refer to the most recent update as older updates will no longer be relevant.
Update: January 31st, 2021
In line with the Premier of Western Australia’s announcement, Sunday 31st January, Curtin’s gymnasium has closed and all associated programs have been cancelled until a decision has been made after 6pm Friday 5th February, 2021.
We will provide further information over the coming week including our plans for recommencing services as they are developed. The updates will be sent via email, updated on our website and our Facebook page.
In the meantime, we will continue to work on providing you alternative means to keep active.
We thank you for your ongoing support and cooperation during these unusual times.
Stay strong, safe and keep active.
Let’s get through this together!
Update: July 11th, 2020
The following opening hours are now in place:
Monday – Thursday, 6am – 10pm
Friday, 6am – 8pm
Saturday & Sunday, 8am – 4pm
We hope that you have had an opportunity to return to Curtin Stadium since we reopened. We have loved seeing all the friendly faces again – we missed you! 😊
All memberships have now been reactivated. On your first return visit, please report to reception so we can provide you with any updates and remember to bring your towel as we will continue to enforce a strict no towel-no entry policy.
Whilst restrictions have continued to ease, the University remains cautious and will continue to take additional measures to ensure your safety. This means that during future visits you will continue to see:
- entry and exit controls (although the North door – Busport side, is now open for use),
- room limits remain as displayed on entry doors,
- social distancing measures, and
- additional cleaning will continue.
We will also continue to operate as a cashless facility until further notice.
Thank you for your patience during this time and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Update: June 10th, 2020
Curtin Stadium will be reopening from tomorrow Thursday, June 11th.
This reopening has been delayed a few days to ensure that we are following all government and University guidelines and are completely ready to welcome you back into a safe environment that you will feel comfortable exercising in.
We understand that some of you may not yet feel ready to return to the gym environment and for this reason, your membership will not be activated until June 26th. However, you are welcome to use our facilities and attend classes from this Thursday at no charge. We hope that this grace period will allow you to gradually reintroduce fitness to your routine.
We also want to make sure you feel that regardless of the disruption experienced due to COVID-19, you are still receiving the full value of your membership with Curtin Stadium. As a gesture of goodwill, all memberships were suspended on March 23rd at no charge.
- Up-Front Memberships: The length of the imposed suspension (12 weeks) as well as the 16 day grace period has been added to your membership expiry date. On June 26th, your membership will return to active status.
- Direct Debit Memberships: Your fortnightly direct debit payments will commence from June 26th. If your direct debit was deducted immediately prior to our closure, your direct debit timing will automatically adjust to apply the appropriate pro-rata amount or credit to your account.
- Salary Packaging & Payroll Memberships: Your deductions will commence in line with the fortnightly pay cycle on June 26th.
We have missed seeing you all each day and want to encourage you to use this reopening as an opportunity to develop a refreshed approach to your health and fitness.
Please note the following important changes to our operations:
- Building Entry/Exit: Entry/exit is restricted to the main entrance on the South side of the building (Edinburgh Oval side) until further notice. Entry via the rear doors (Busport side) will not be permitted.
- Attendance register: At every visit, please report to reception to register your attendance. This is a requirement of facility use and forms a crucial part of our COVID-19 Safety Plan. Please allow additional time for check-in.
- Cashless operations: We will not be accepting cash payments until further notice. Payments can be made via EFTPOS (in person or over the phone) and cheque only.
- No Towel-No Entry: Staff have been instructed to take a no-tolerance approach to clients not bringing personal gym towels.
- Capacity Restrictions: You will note capacity limits notices on all of our fitness rooms and gyms. We are required to adhere to these limits and will be required to refuse entry should the capacity limits be reached.
- Drink Fountains: Please bring a water bottle or purchase one from Reception on arrival using EFTPOS as all water fountains have been turned off.
The following opening hours will be in place while we transition back to business as usual.
Monday – Thursday, 6am – 10pm
Friday, 6am – 8pm
Saturday & Sunday, 8am – 12pm
Group Fitness classes will resume on Saturday, June 13th. Our temporary group fitness timetable can be found here: 👉 Group Fitness Timetable
Our temporary Ladies Studio timetable can be found here: 👉 Ladies Studio Timetable
The maximum capacity of patrons allow within the Stadium building (including all areas), on any of our ovals and in the rowing club facility is capped at a combined capacity of 300. Staff reserve the right to refuse entry or ask patrons to leave should there be a risk of exceeding this capacity.
We look forward to seeing you all soon. Let’s make the most of the rest of 2020 together.
Update: June 4th, 2020
We are excited to announce that Curtin Stadium will be reopening on Thursday, June 11th.
The team are hard at work preparing the Stadium to ensure we are able to provide a safe environment for you to return to your fitness and recreation activities. In accordance with government requirements, all visitors to the Stadium will be required to sign an attendance register for contact tracing if required.
We will require all patrons to practice physical distancing, good hygiene and adhere to the 2 square meter rule. The number of patrons allowed in each space will be monitored and equipment will be cleaned consistently throughout the day to ensure your health and safety.
Not all programs and services will recommence immediately as we are still operating on reduced staff numbers, however, we are pleased to give you the following updates:
Curtin Stadium Main Gym and Ladies Studio
The Curtin Stadium main gym and ladies studio will reopen on June 11th. Both areas will be adjusted to enable distancing.
Gym members will receive communication to clarify opening times, guidelines for the use of facilities and vital information about their membership status by Monday, June 8th.
Indoor Group Fitness
Indoor Group Fitness classes will resume from June 11th with a reduced number of classes available, to begin with. Class numbers will be limited and entry will be on a first-come, first-served basis. The Group Fitness rooms will be marked to assist patrons with social distancing.
Members will receive communication providing class timetable, guidelines for the use of facilities and vital information about their membership status by Monday, June 8th.
Curtin University Sporting Ovals
Outdoor gatherings of 100 people will be permitted on each of our ovals from June 6th. This will see a return to competitive sport and will allow our clubs to kick start their training. Bookings for use of all ovals are required.
Curtin University Indoor Arena & Outdoor Courts
The indoor and outdoor courts will reopen from June 11th allowing for up to 100 patrons in each area.
This will allow for ongoing court bookings to be reinstated/requested for Basketball, Futsal, Badminton, Volleyball, Tennis and Netball.
Social Sports will resume at the start of Semester 2 allowing for up to 100 patrons in the indoor arena and outdoor spaces.
In the meantime, we want to give you the opportunity to get back to playing sport as soon as possible. So… we are excited to offer a NEW 6-week Mini Winter Social Sports Competition!
6-week Mini Winter Social Sports Season
- Monday, June 15th – Thursday, July 23rd
- 6-week competition with no grading games or finals
- Monday to Friday game (all sports included) held between 5.30 pm – 10 pm (to allow for extra time between games)
- Prizes awarded to Spirit Champions
- Spaces limited. Registration on a first-in, first-served basis
- This is in addition to the usual Semester 2 season – consider this your warm-up! 😉
What this means for Semester 2:
- If your team chose to transfer your Semester 1 place to Semester 2 due to shutdown, your entry is secure in the Semester 2 competition.
- In line with University calendar changes, the Semester 2 competition will start a week later.
- Entry into this Mini Winter Season is optional and registration is required. Don’t miss out as places are limited.
Please rest assured our team is hard at work preparing the Stadium to ensure we are able to provide a safe environment for your return to Social Sports. In accordance with government requirements, all visitors to the Stadium will be required to sign an attendance register for contact tracing if required.
Health & Rehabilitation Services
The Health & Rehabilitation team will continue to provide telehealth services, however, will also be offering face-to-face bookings for clients, if desired. Bookings are available via our online booking system.
We are currently developing a roadmap to ensure we are able to provide this program during the July school holidays. Further information will be released as soon as possible. Bookings for this service will be capped to ensure we adhere to government requirements and the safety of attendees.
We are all looking forward to seeing you soon and will continue to keep you updated as additional programs and services become available.
We appreciate your continued support during these unique circumstances.
P.S. If you would like guidance to kickstart your fitness again, we are here for you. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put you in touch with the appropriate person.