Physical Activity Program for children and teens
Let our trained staff assist and develop your child with a customised program in a fun, caring and supporting environment at our Participate Achieve Encourage Develop Succeed (PAEDS) program.
Our PAEDS program helps develop and improve locomotive, object control and proprioceptive skills for children aged 5 to 15 years. Individualised exercise rehabilitation and activity programs are also available to children and teenagers affected conditions and pathologies that limit their ability to participate in physical activity.
Group sessions are overseen by an Accredited Exercise Physiologist and/or Physiotherapist, and children are paired up with Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy students.
PAEDS can assist with:
- locomotion skills (walking, running, jumping, hopping, skipping, stair navigation)
- object control skills (throwing, catching, kicking, striking, batting)
- proprioceptive skills (balance, body awareness, core stability)
- general fitness (weight management, school sport event participation and/or achievement)
- promoting a positive association with sport (one-on-one to encourage and customised skill sets pitched at each individual child)
- individualised exercise rehabilitation and activity programs for children and teens who are affected by any conditions or pathologies that limit their ability to participate in physical activity.
All participants will be initially assessed by one of our Accredited Exercise Physiologists or Physiotherapists. The program is broad and can assist the following:
- Children with coordination and motor control problems (eg. developmental coordination disorder, cerebral palsy, autism, Down syndrome)
- Children with other health conditions (eg. Cystic fibrosis, obesity, diabetes, anxiety or depression, as well as cancer epilepsy, asthma and ADHD)
- Healthy children who require more exposure to physical activity
- Sports and event-specific training
Please Contact us for pricing applicable to your child.
Health and Rehabilitation Clinic team
Curtin Stadium Health and Rehabilitation Clinic were recognised for their excellence in engagement and collaboration in the 2017 Curtin University’s Vice-Chancellor’s Excellence Awards for Professional Staff.