Are you living with type II diabetes? Our lifestyle program can help manage your condition and improve your quality of life.
About the Diabetes Program
Need some help managing your diabetes? Our eight-week program is run by our accredited exercise physiologists, and is Medicare bulk billed if you have been referred by your GP. The program:
- improves your fitness and health through education, exercise and home based activities.
- teaches you how to maintain a healthy lifestyle, set goals and deal with setbacks.
- consists of one hour sessions of supervised exercise and 30 minutes of diabetes self management .
To be eligible for the diabetes program, you must have:
- Type 2 diabetes
- A current GP Management Plan
- A group referral from your GP
If you have not been referred by your GP a charge of $17.20 per session applies.
The program is Medicare bulk billed if you have been referred by your GP.