Carnaby Kids School Holiday Sports Program
Are you looking for a fun School Holiday program for your kids that is high energy, active and offers variety?
Featuring different sports and recreational activities each and every day. Carnaby Kids is run by a sports team trained to focus on basic fundamental movements, fostering teamwork, building confidence and encouraging participation. All program staff are trained in a variety of sports and holds a First Aid qualification and Working with Children check.
Our September/October 2020 program is coming soon!
Why Carnaby Kids?
- A fun school holiday activity for your kids
- A chance to meet new people and make new friends
- Exposure to a variety of sports in a single day
- Gentle encouragement to try new things
- Specialist clinics with elite athletes on selected days
- A safe and secure environment
- State-of-the-art facilities and equipment
Register early as spaces fill fast!
9.00am – 3.30pm
- Tuesday 29 September 2020 – Friday 9 October 2020
- 1 child per a family – $50.00 per child/per day
- 2 or more children per a family – $45.00 per child/per day
Children aged 5 to 13 years – all levels of sporting abilities are welcome.
Book in for one day or many!
Carnaby Kids is a great way to get your kids off the tech and get them moving. Our program is suitable for ALL kids regardless of their sporting ability as it is all about having fun, moving, and trying something new. Plus, kids will also learn from some of the best players and coaches during our specialised sports clinics identified on the program schedule. All required equipment is provided by Curtin University.
Carnaby Kids is based at the Curtin University Stadium at the Bentley campus. Short term parking is available for drop off and pick up. Kids are encouraged to dress comfortably and require sports shoes.
Additional Safety & Hygiene
As part of our commitment to keeping your child safe, we have put in place additional safety and hygiene practices for all program participants. The following have been added to our already comprehensive practices:
- Participant numbers per day will be limited to ensure adequate social distancing.
- Hand sanitisers will be available in prominent places throughout our venues and all participants in the program will be encouraged to use it before and after each sport activity throughout the day.
- The sharing of sporting equipment will be limited, and all equipment used in activities will be cleaned and disinfected before and after each session throughout the day.
- There will be no physical contact permitted by participants. This includes no high fives or handshakes.
- All children, parents/guardians and staff attending the program MUST NOT ATTEND if they: have any flu-like symptoms; have been in direct contact with a known case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days; have traveled internationally or have been in direct contact with a known case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days, and/or are at high risk from a health perspective, including the elderly and those with pre-existing medical health conditions.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Registrations are NOW OPEN for September/October program
All Carnaby Kids School Holiday Sports programs will facilitate a variety of sports and recreational activities with the focus on basic fundamental movements, teamwork, building confidence and participation.
Sports and recreation based activities on offer include basketball, volleyball, modified hockey, soccer, modified Aussie Rules, athletics, T-ball, badminton, Ultimate Frisbee, floorball, golf, surfing, dodgeball, tennis, cricket, dancing, Zumba, disc golf and martial arts.
Check out our Carnaby Kids Policies and Procedures to keep you up to speed with everything going on during our program. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
All Carnaby Kids Sports Programs are facilitated with the below values that should be shown by all participants and staff at all times.
Leadership – To always demonstrate positive behaviours for others to follow.
Respect – To always treat others the way you would like to be treated and to think of how your actions or words may make others feel.
Courage – Have the courage to try new things and give everything a go.
Teamwork – To work together as a team to achieve more; no one individual is bigger than the team.
Enthusiasm – To always give your best in everything you do.
At the end of each day, the two children who demonstrated one or more of the Carnaby Kids Values the best will be awarded a superstar certificate. Each child is encouraged to try and earn all five superstar certificates!
When picking up and dropping off your children each day for the Carnaby Kids Sports Program you can use the Pickup/Drop off bay at the end of Curtin Stadium in Carpark A3 (for up to 10 minutes). This allows you to park your car, walk your child into the facility safely and sign them into or out of the program. After this is completed you will then need to move your vehicle from the pick up/drop off bay. If you wish to stay and watch your child for a duration of time you will need to pay for parking in A3 or an alternative carpark using the CellOPark app.
Frequently asked questions
Your child needs to bring the following items, labelled with your child’s name for every day of the sessions attending
- Water bottle
- Hat (legionnaire, broad-brimmed)
- Appropriate clothing for sport which supports flow of movement
- Appropriate lunch and snacks for each day
- A positive attitude!
You can drop off your child/ren between 8.30am to 9.00am and they can then be collected between 3.30pm to 4.00pm. You children are unable to be supervised prior to 8.30am and after 4.00pm. A charge will be applied for any late pickups.
Yes, you are welcome to stick around and watch your child/ren during the day, however, a positive and supportive attitude towards all children will be necessary.
Unfortunately, participants in the Carnaby Kids School Holiday Sports Program do not qualify for childcare rebate as the program is “Sport Based” and as such cannot be registered under the National Childcare Accreditation Act. We do however have a very thorough Policies and Procedure guideline that the Carnaby Kids program abides by.
If your child is unwell, please notify the Stadium as unwell children will not be accepted into the program. In order to receive a credit, a medical certificate needs to be provided.
If your child is not quite of age or is having their birthday during the holidays you may ask for discretion to be accepted into the program. This can be done through contacting our Carnaby Kids Team on (08) 9266 7052 or firstname.lastname@example.org
All children will not be allowed to use mobile phones, iPads or any other electronic devices during the Carnaby Kids programs. Children using these such devices will have them confiscated and they will be returned to their parents/guardians when they are picked up at the end of the day.