Inter University Sport
Students from Curtin University can represent Curtin at Inter-Varsity and Uni National events throughout the year.
Click on the below tabs to find out more information about each competition.
Interested in competing in the 2019 Uni Nationals and making your university experience even more memorable?
Register your interest and see the latest information on the Curtin University Inter-university sport Facebook group.
Div 1 – Gold Coast – 28 September – 3 October 2019
- Nominations open for individuals to compete in Div 1 on the Gold Coast
- Curtin University are looking at sending teams in Beach Volleyball, Badminton, Cheer and Dance, Cycling, Fencing, Judo, Kendo, Lawn Bowls, Rowing, Squash, Table Tennis and Tenpin.
- Express your interest to compete now by emailing the Representative Sport Coordinator.
Div 2 – Gold Coast – 8-11 July 2019
- Curtin University did not send any teams to Div 2 in 2019 but will be sending teams in 2020
The Indigenous Nationals Competition for 2019 took place at UWA at the end of June, with the Curtin Kardas competing in the sports of Netball, Touch Rugby, Volleyball and Basketball.
The team was captained again this year by Marleigh Zada, a current Curtin student and staff member of the Centre for Aboriginal Studies, and we had 12 athletes in total competing.
Overall, Curtin Kardas finished 16th out of 28 teams and were unlucky not to progress through to any finals throughout the competition, despite winning 2 out of 3 pool games in Netball, Volleyball and Basketball.
Curtin would like to send a team to the T20 Cricket event in Adelaide at the end of November.
If you’re interested in representing the university, please email the Representative Sport Coordinator.
UniSport have announced that the Nationals Div 1 and Div 2 events will be hosted in Perth in 2020.
Proposed dates are as follows:
- Div 2 to be held on 6-9 July 2020
- Div 1 to be held on 26 September – 1 October 2020
If you’re interested in representing the university in 2020, please email the Representative Sport Coordinator.
2019 Intervarsity Competition
Curtin will be competing against ECU, UWA, Murdoch and Notre Dame in both semesters across different sports.
Competitions will generally be held between 13:00-17:00 on Friday afternoons and there are no competition fees for students.
- 3×3 Basketball – Hosted by Murdoch University – Friday 12 April 2019
- Curtin Women’s finished 1st (out of 4 teams).
- Curtin 1 (Men’s) finished 2nd (out of 8 teams).
- Curtin 2 (Men’s) finished 3rd (out of 8 teams).
- Futsal – Hosted by Curtin University – Friday 3 May 2019
- Curtin 1 (Men’s) finished 1st (out of 7 teams).
- Curtin 2 (Men’s) finished 2nd (out of 7 teams).
- Curtin Women’s finished 3rd (out of 4 teams).
- Volleyball – Hosted by Curtin University – Friday 24 May 2019
- Curtin Black (Women’s) finished 1st (out of 4 teams).
- Curtin Orange (Women’s) finished 3rd (out of 4 teams).
- Curtin Black (Men’s) finished 2nd (out of 6 teams).
- Curtin Orange (Men’s) finished 4th (out of 6 teams).
- Netball – Hosted by University of Western Australia – Friday 31 May 2019
- Curtin Women’s finished 1st (out of 4 teams).
- Curtin Mixed finished 2nd (out of 3 teams).
- Badminton – Hosted by ECU – Friday 23rd August 2019
- Trials to take place at Curtin Stadium on Wednesday 14th August from 12:00-14:00
- Teams to be selected for a Men’s, Women’s and Mixed comp
- eSports – Hosted by Murdoch University – Friday 6th September 2019
- First time as an Inter-Varsity event
- More information to come
- Beach Volleyball – Hosted by Curtin University – Friday 20th September
- Mixed fours format
- One team per uni
- Trials to be held on the 4th September at Curtin Stadium from 12:00-14:00
If you’d like to be involved in these competitions, please email your interest to the Representative Sport Coordinator.
Past Australian University Games teams
The Curtin team placed 26th out of 42 universities over on the Gold Coast. Over 180 athletes represented Curtin at this event, coming away with one silver and two bronze medals.
The University Games was held in Perth, where Curtin placed ninth overall out of 42 universities. Curtin achieved two gold medals, two silver and five bronze along with 21 individual athletes winning green and gold medals
The Curtin team placed 26th out of 42 universities over at the Gold Coast, coming away with one bronze medal in Judo.
The Curtin team placed 13th out of 41 universities across Australia in Sydney. 130 students represented Curtin, winning gold in the mixed beach volleyball event and men’s hockey, and two bronze in the men’s and women’s taekwondo.
The Curtin team placed 11th in the 2013 Gold Coast games. 170 students competed across 21 sports, winning 13 medals.